This Google Tag Manager Recipe was originally posted by the team of Lunametrics.
It’s useful for those marketers/web analysts who already have Enhanced Ecommerce tracking implemented on a website/online store. This recipe fetches useful variables and makes them available in Google Tag Manager.
By itself, the recipe will not create tags or triggers. You’ll just have more variables which can be used anywhere else (e.g. Facebook Pixel Tag, Adwords Conversion tag, etc.)
The list of variables:
- DLV – ecommerce – v1
- JS – Is Purchase
- JS – Currency Code
- JS – Ecommerce Step Data
- JS – Ecommerce Touchpoint Name
- JS – Impressions
- JS – Touchpoint Products
- JS – Product SKU List
- JS – Total Product Value
- JS – Purchase Revenue Total
- JS – Purchase Shipping Amount
- JS – Purchase Tax Amount
- JS – Purchase Transaction ID
- Download Container File
Download the container JSON file (right-click on the link and click “Save Link As” or “Save Target As” to save the JSON file to your computer).
- Import JSON File into GTM
Log into your own Google Tag Manager container and head to the Admin section of the site. Under Container options, select Import Container. Read this blog post by Lunametrics for more details about importing a container file.
- Add variables to tags, triggers, or even other variables. These variables won’t affect your current tracking in any way. Rather, they provide you with the data which can enhance other tags with consistent information from the Enhanced Ecommerce recommended data layer.