An improved and proven step-by-step system that will teach you how to manage marketing & analytics tracking codes. Much faster & more efficiently.
Google Tag Manager Masterclass for Beginners 2.0
Designed for: Beginners/Fresh GTM Intermediates
Analytics Mania has been seen on
Are you tired of waiting for developers to add your tracking codes to a website?
Here’s a situation. You decide to start using a new analytics tool that requires some codes to be installed on your websites. Additionally, you want to go a bit more seriously and track additional interactions with it. Now, you have a bunch of codes that need to be implemented in various places of a site.
What do you do?
You ask a developer to do that. However, he/she is too busy and can do that only after a week (!). Usually, in such cases you cannot do anything, just wait and think of how you’re losing valuable insights and money (because the marketing campaign could have been launched sooner).
What if you need to update your codes in the future? You will have to go through this “process” all over again and wait! It’s a vicious cycle.
Manual management of tags (tracking codes, pixels, etc.) is a very slow, annoying, and ineffective process. But that can change with Google Tag Manager.
Do you often find yourself stuck and lost among countless GTM tutorials and blog posts?
Based on what I’ve noticed, many digital marketers/analysts would see YES. They think that learning Google Tag Manager is easy and they can watch several Youtube videos, read several blog posts and they’re good to go.
That might work if you want to add a basic code to a site. But usually, you need to do more. What about tracking interactions? Trackings sales, conversions?
That’s where the rabbit hole becomes so deep that you end up wasting hours googling and asking for help in forums.
– Why is my event tracking not working?
– Why can I see my events in Google Analytics?
All of these and other questions could be prevented if you knew from the start what you’re doing.
Even though the content you use to learn is free it costs you a lot of time. It’s a cliché but time = money.
Instead of trying to figure things on your own and wasting weeks, you could be up-and-running with GTM in days with this course.
Make your marketing 10x more effective and faster with GTM Masterclass 2.0
Eliminate the guesswork.
GTM Masterclass for Beginners 2.0 is a proven step-by-step process that will help you learn Google Tag Manager FAST and get the results you’re looking for.
This course is all about practice and depth. You will gain a lot of practical knowledge and will finally understand how GTM actually works.
This is not just about some standalone tracking techniques. This is about a full picture of GTM.
Many marketing and analytics professionals have already benefitted from this course and you can become one of them.
❝This course is one of the best investments I've made in my career❞
– Sarah Mackenzie, Director of SEO and Analytics at FINE –
What will you learn in this course?
In this Google Tag Manager Course for Beginners, you will learn:
- How to save money and time, be in control of your website tracking, launch tracking campaigns faster, and avoid hassles with developers
- The fastest way to understand GTM and how to pick the right way to track events on your site
- How to implement analytics/marketing tools, like Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Pixel, on your website
- How to track conversions with the most popular analytics/marketing tools
- How to reduce the impact of Intelligent Tracking Prevention
- How to easily and properly test your new implementation
- How to make your tag management GDPR-compliant
- How to apply your new knowledge in real-life projects (by getting access to templates, cheat-sheets, checklists, etc.)
This comprehensive GTM course for beginners will build your knowledge and skills, allowing you to apply this powerful tool on your own (or your clients’) websites. You will see the full picture of GTM that every beginner MUST know.
What can you expect from this course?
60 bite-size videos that will show you an easy-to-follow step-by-step process of how to learn GTM as soon as possible and make the best out of it.
Practical tasks and a sandbox website
Google Tag Manager Masterclass for Beginners 2.0 is not just “sit back and watch”. The best way to learn is to do, therefore, you will have to complete practical tasks on an actual website (you can use either your own site or a sandbox website provided on this course).
At the end of every module, there is a quick quiz to check what you have learned. It’s a great way to ensure that you have gained the most out of lessons.
Exclusive templates, checklists, etc.
You’ll get access to my checklists and other downloadables that will help you be more efficient and faster with Google Tag Manager. I personally use them on various projects.
Lifetime access to the course & Free Updates
Your Google Tag Manager course purchase includes lifetime access to the training materials. If you want to revisit a particular topic of the course, you can come back here anytime. Also, every time when the course is updated, all students get that for free.
Is this Google Tag Manager course right for you?
This course is designed for those who have no previous GTM experience or who have been using it for a while but are not completely confident with the platform.
If you want to transition from a beginner/newbie to an experienced intermediate user, then you’ve come to the right place.
This course is right for you if:
- You want to learn how to use GTM properly
- You’ve already been working with Google Analytics (or another tool) and want to enrich your reports with custom data FAST
- You’re fed up with developers who take ages to install your tracking codes
- You’re lost among countless GTM resources online and struggle to connect the dots
- You want to take control of your web tracking efforts
- You are a digital marketing specialist who wants to track conversions easier
- You want to know how Google Tag Manager can fit your organization
However, you should skip this course if you consider yourself as an experienced or advanced Google Tag Manager user, or you want to learn how to use Google Tag Manager on mobile apps or AMPs (in this course, I cover only regular website tracking).
This course is on-demand. You can learn at your own pace and apply new knowledge on your own GTM account. Access 24/7.
Julius Fedorovicius is the founder of Analytics Mania and GTM community on Facebook. He has accumulated years of experience with Google Analytics (9+ years) and Google Tag Manager (6+ years). Julius has been actively publishing articles on analyticsmania.com, a blog with more than 120 000 monthly visitors, which has been featured on widely known websites like moz.com, neilpatel.com, the official Google Analytics social media accounts, etc.
If you have ever been stuck with GTM, there’s a high chance that at some point, you landed on his site and read a tutorial.
Here's what others think about GTM Masterclass
❝When I took this course, I immediately noticed a significant impact on my freelancing business❞
– Ateeq Ahmad, Principal consultant at Albany Analytics –
Module 1: Getting started with Google Tag Manager
Take the first step into the GTM world. Learn what Google Tag Manager is and how does it work. You’ll be introduced to the GTM interface and what are it key components. Last but not least, you’ll learn what are tags, triggers, variables and how are they connected. Topics covered:
- What is GTM? How to install it?
- GTM account overview. Tags, triggers, variables
Module 2: Setting up your first tag
Your first practical task: install Google Analytics to a website with help of Google Tag Manager and publish those changes live. Topics covered:
- Google Analytics page view tracking (this covers both the Universal Analytics and GA Apps+Web)
- Testing and publishing your changes
Module 3: Tracking engagement
Learn what auto-event tracking is and why is it so important in tag management. Additional, you’ll be able to track website interactions with built-in and custom solutions.
- What is auto-event tracking and auto-event listeners?
- Practical examples of event tracking
Module 4: Data Layer
Data Layer is the key component of Google Tag Manager that is the foundation of a successful tracking implementation. You’ll learn why is it so important and how to use in practice. Topics covered:
- What is Data Layer? Why is it an essential component of GTM?
- Working with the Data Layer
- Data Layer Playground – a collection of practical tasks that will help you better understand it.
Module 5: DVTT Framework
This is the framework that I use to teach beginners how to use Google Tag Manager. It was proven to be very effective and is easy-to-remember. Topics covered:
- Components of the DVTT Framework
- How to apply this framework in real-life projects
- Using the DVTT Framework to pick the best tracking method
Module 6: Form tracking
Form submissions usually mean conversions, right? I’ll show you a lot of my tricks on how to capture successful form submissions and turn them into events in Google Analytics. This module is one of the most demanded topics among my students. Topics covered:
- Form tracking nuances
- A bunch of different form tracking methods
Module 7: Conversions, E-commerce and ITP
You’re not doing your marketing right if you don’t measure it. In this module, I’ll teach you how to track conversions (important interactions) with Google Analytics, Google ads, and Facebook Pixel! How about retargeting visitors? You’ll also learn how to grow remarketing lists with FB pixel and Google Ads (and Google Tag Manager, of course!). Topics covered:
- Conversion tracking in Google Analytics (includes both Universal Analytics and GA Apps+Web)
- GA Standard Ecommerce tracking. Not Enhanced E-commerce (because EE is too difficult for beginners. EE is covered in my Intermediate/Advanced GTM course).
- GTM + Google Ads
- GTM + Facebook Pixel
- The impact of tracking preventions
- How to reduce the impact of ITP
Module 8: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Since May 25h, 2018 businesses must get consent from a visitor (from the European Union) to process his/her personal data (regardless of where your business is located). Web tracking and online marketing are also affected by this regulation, therefore, you need to adapt your tag management to it. In this module, I’ll show you what to do. Topics covered:
- What is GDPR?
- How to make your GTM setup GDPR-compliant?
Module 9: Applying GTM in real-life projects
Even after learning various GTM tracking techniques, it will still be challenging to apply that new knowledge in real-life projects. In this module, I’ll share my workflows and tips on how to start using Google Tag Manager in your existing projects (and solutions that can help your team collaborate). Topics covered:
- Workspaces and Environments
- How to start working with GTM on a project
- Migration to Google Tag Manager (+ a detailed step-by-step example)
Still not convinced? Here's a sample lesson from the course
“Julius is a great teacher and this course will equip you with a solid foundation for effectively working with GTM. His pleasant way of explaining complex topics make this course accessible for many. I recommend this course for both beginners as well as intermediate users. After going through the material and practicing what you have learned, you will be much more confident in deploying GTM on your site.”
– Paul Koks, Analytics Advocate at Online Metrics
Frequently asked questions
When does the course start and finish?
This Google Tag Manager Course for Beginners starts when you enroll in it and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long does it take to complete the course?
I recommend taking the course over two to four weeks, so you have time to apply the lessons to your own or clients’ accounts. That being said, I’ve seen people complete the course in less than a week and others that spread the lessons over a couple of months.
How do I convince my boss to sponsor me?
In many cases, employers pay for the course. Here are some thoughts:
- Your marketing/analytics team will be dramatically less dependent on the IT department
- You’ll be able to install and manage tracking codes with ease
- Your team will become agiler as they will be able to launch new tracking campaigns much faster
Sounds like a good deal, right?
Do I receive a certificate?
Yes, you will receive a course certificate after you have gone through all course material and completed the final challenge.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.
Is the course updated?
Yes. And if the update is published, all existing course students get it for free.
What are the requirements to take this course?
It is recommended for you to know the very basics of Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Facebook Pixel. Or at least Google Analytics. However, I will give you brief introductions in my course as well.
Speaking of technical requirements, you should have a Google Chrome browser installed (because there are several plugins you’ll need to use during the course) and an internet connection, of course.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
Do I need to have my own website during practices in this course?
No. This course provides a sandbox website where you will learn how to track particular interactions. If you have your own website, that’s also good. You can practice there.
Have more questions?
Feel free to send me an email to [email protected]